Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mahmud Asrar's Steampunk Supergirl And More



Current Supergirl artist teased a piece of this Steampunk Supergirl commission on his site a while back. He recently shared the whole thing here:
http://mahmudasrar.com/post/10781091925/nycc-2011-pre-show-commission-steampunk

Man, that is fantastic. Just mind-numbingly beautiful. I can only hope that I run into Asrar at a convention some day so I can grab a commission of my own.

I don't think I have much more to add, other than I'd love to see this as an Elseworlds book at some point.

Do Elseworlds books happen now in the DCnU?


On the first, Asrar posted this snippet of another commission on his site. Here is that link:
http://mahmudasrar.com/post/10902080765/commissioning-ix

The cape makes me thinks this isn't the DCnU Supergirl but the 'last' Kara. I am hoping he will eventually post the whole thing. But this little piece makes me think this is another home run!

3 comments:

Hal Jordan said...

Oh, goodness! Those are just beautiful!

Can we clone him? Please? :)

Gear said...

That's an absolutely gorgeous piece of work. It's not only extremely attractive on its own, but it made me think of all sorts of stories that could be told around it. I love it when a piece of art inspires my imagination.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think that Supergirl won the artist lottery. Asrar's stuff is just incredible.

Anonymous said...

Waaa-al, Kara doesn't need welder's goggles as a practical matter, clearly some of her galpals convinced her to come to the Metropolis Steampunk fest "in costume".
:D

JF