Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dan Brereton Commission


I posted the Dan Brereton Hero Initiative cover for Justice League of America #50 last week. I have been a big fan of Brereton's for a while and was glad to see him contribute to that endeavor.

Back when I first started getting Supergirl commissions, Brereton was one of the first artists that I contacted. Now I only get convention sketches from artists but this was back in the day when I would truly commission works, sending money to the artist and waiting for the commission to be sent to me in the mail.

Brereton was great to communicate with and allowed me to upgrade from a penciled piece to a fully painted one. I can't recall exactly how long I needed to wait but it felt like the transaction turn around was pretty quick. (I can't say that about all my experiences. The reason I switched to con only commissions was because of a bad experience I had.)

Anyways, this is a great piece with a powerful Supergirl at home among the clouds. Of the commissions I have on the wall, this one gets is one of the more commented on.



As for Brereton, he is the sole creator on The Nocturnals, a sort of monster-y super-hero team with a dark undercurrent. He also wrote the great Giant Killer mini-series. As for his DC work, I would recommend this World's Finest mini-series, the Thrill Killer Elseworld's stuff, and a 2 part Superman/Silver Banshee mini series.

1 comment:

Gustavo Delamarques said...

HI!!!
I LIKE POST MY IMAGES ARTISTIC IN MY DRAWINGS OF SUPERGIRL, I AM STUDENT FASHION DESIGN AND COMIC ART TOO, I LIKE CREATE UNIFORM HEROES, AS DO FOR HAVE CONTACT WITH THE OWNER THIS BLOG SUPERGIRL COMIC BOX? MY E-MAIL IS: krypton.prime@gmail.com OR MY FACEBOOK: GUSTAVO DELAMARQUES